NEWS & EVENTS
Appearing at the Feast of Faiths Dinner
I am a featured chef at the upcoming Feast of Faiths Dinner hosted by the Boniuk Center for Religious Tolerance at Rice University. Please join me on June 10 for this Cross-cultural culinary experience. Visit www.boniuk.rice.edu to learn more about the event and to RSVP.
UPDATE: Presentation at Museum of Fine Arts Houston, February 25, 2010.
On February 25th I made a presentation at the Museum of Fine Arts Houston on The Art of Indian Cuisine tied into some of the museum's pieces displayed in the recently opened Indian art gallery. It was gratifying to see the enormous support the programme received and the book sales that followed.
My presentation focused on the works in the recently inaugurated Nidhika And Pershant Mehta Arts of India Gallery. An exciting project that I'm so looking forward to. The event was open to the public and was followed by a reception for the museum's popular Artful Thursday evenings.
- Rancho La Puerta, Tecate Mexico. November 14 - 21, 2009
- 24th Texas Hill Country Wine and Food Festival, June, 2009
- Reflections on the February Culinary Tour of India. April, 2009
- Culinary Tour of India February 11- 25 2009
- India Tour Gallery September, 2008
- Crow Collection of Asian Art
- Cooking Demonstration, presentation and book-signing
- Book Signing at The Book People in Austin TX
- A week at magical Rancho La Puerta
- In Touch with Indian Cuisin
- Asia Society Texas Center presents
- At Home With Indian Cooking
- The Chefs – Suneeta Vaswani
BEET AND ORANGE RAITA WITH WALNUTS
½ teaspoon cumin seeds
2 cups plain non-fat yogurt
I large potato, cooked, peeled and cubed
1 medium orange, peeled and sectioned
1 medium beet, peeled and cubed
¼ cup chopped walnuts or pecans
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
I wanted to write and say how much I enjoyed your curry workshop last night at In Good Taste in Portland. It was FANTASTIC!! I have a much richer understanding of Indian spices, regional differences and cooking techniquies. I am very excited to try more dishes at home. The historical information added a real richness to the class.I would love a class on a traditional Indian meal start to finish.
Thank you very much.
Lisa Thum (former Houston resident)