NEWS & EVENTS
Asia Society Texas Center presents "A Cook's Tour of Indian Kitchens"
Take a tour of regional Indian kitchens with author and Indian cooking expert Suneeta Vaswani. Her new book Complete Book of Indian Cooking (Robert Rose/available mid September) explains regional differences in the spicing and cooking techniques of the north, south, east and west of India. Read more...
- Rancho La Puerta, Tecate Mexico. November 14 - 21, 2009
- 24th Texas Hill Country Wine and Food Festival, June, 2009
- Reflections on the February Culinary Tour of India. April, 2009
- Culinary Tour of India February 11- 25 2009
- India Tour Gallery September, 2008
- Crow Collection of Asian Art
- Cooking Demonstration, presentation and book-signing
- Book Signing at The Book People in Austin TX
- A week at magical Rancho La Puerta
- In Touch with Indian Cuisine
- Asia Society Texas Center presents
- At Home With Indian Cooking
- The Chefs – Suneeta Vaswani
BEET AND ORANGE RAITA WITH WALNUTS
½ teaspoon cumin seeds
2 cups plain non-fat yogurt
I large potato, cooked, peeled and cubed
1 medium orange, peeled and sectioned
1 medium beet, peeled and cubed
¼ cup chopped walnuts or pecans
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
I wanted to write and say how much I enjoyed your curry workshop last night at In Good Taste in Portland. It was FANTASTIC!! I have a much richer understanding of Indian spices, regional differences and cooking techniquies. I am very excited to try more dishes at home. The historical information added a real richness to the class.I would love a class on a traditional Indian meal start to finish.
Thank you very much.
Lisa Thum (former Houston resident)